Showing Collections: 211 - 240 of 1862
Carl Olson, Jr., was a veterinary pathologist and pioneer in cancer research. Olson taught at the University of Nebraska—Lincoln where he served as the Head of the Veterinary Pathology Department and also taught at the University of Wisconsin until his retirement in 1981. The collection (1900-1987) consists of class notebooks that document his course studies as a Veterinary Medicine student at Iowa State College (University).
This collection (circa 1900) contains eighteen 4x5 silver gelatin glass plate negatives and five 5x7 silver gelatin prints (circa 1900). The images depict life on the prairie, including group scenes. Of special interest are several unidentified shots of ships, docks and factories.
This collection (1945-1946, undated) contains handwritten notes from Deppe’s La Porte City High School classmates, Future Homemakers of America Sub-Regional Conference materials, Iowa State College Leadership Conference materials, and handwritten notes by Carol Froning. The handwritten notes include Future Homemakers of America conference speech notes, impressions from the conference, and sights seen while traveling.
This collection contains Dr. Cruz-Neira’s biographical information, and proposals.
The collection (1911-1989, undated) documents the activities of Catherine J. MacKay as Dean of the Division of Home Economics (College of Family and Consumer Science). The collection contains news clippings, articles, writings, and certificates. There is also a bound book, which is comprised of pamphlets Dean MacKay used in her extension work.
The main focus of this collection is Celestia Lee Barker's journal, which she began in 1863 at the age of 17. She wrote consistently in the journal from 1863 to 1866, documenting the events of her daily life. There are only occasional entries after 1866. These later entries, written on birthdays or anniversaries, relate to the Barker's marriage and family.
This collection contains the administrative records from the Center for Biornewable Chemicals (CBiRC).
This collection contains the CTRE's administrative records. Types of records include newsletters.
The collection (1981) contains the program for the expo, committee materials, correspondence, a news release and the treasurer’s report.
This diary, handwritten in pencil, contains brief notes by Chapman concerning daily life in the military, July 1862 to December 1863. His regiment took part in the Battle of Prairie Grove, Arkansas, and the Siege of Vicksburg. The volume also contains accounts and notes (1862-1869, undated).
The original diary is fragile, and access is restricted. A photocopy of the diary is available for research use.
This collection contains slides created by Charles Barthold. Of particular interest is a series of 164 slides documenting the demolition of Clyde Williams Stadium from June to November of 1978. There are also slides showing the activities of the student radio station, KPGY, as well as the remodeling of the studio. The collection is arranged in chronological order.
Charles Alfred Norman was born in Logan, Iowa, on March 16, 1890. He earned a B.S. (1914) in Agricultural Engineering from Iowa State College (University). This collection contains a photograph album with 84 black and white picture postcards depicting campus buildings, athletics teams, and student life at Iowa State during Norman's time in college.
This collection (1942-2002, undated) contains photographs of students, colleagues, and research projects. The papers also include correspondence with colleagues, researchers and publishers. In addition, there are notes from courses, lectures and research. The collection also contains of biographical information and news clippings.
This collection contains correspondence from Dana Bennett during the years 1966-1971 when he was actively soliciting for the National Safety Council. Among the correspondents are Harold Heldreth, Howard Pyle, and Charles F. Masterson.
The collection (1870-1985) consists of biographical information, an inventory to the collection of Bessey’s papers at the University of Nebraska, correspondence, and information on the Charles E. Bessey Lecture. The papers also contain addresses, reports, and writings by Bessey, including "The Demands Made by Agriculture upon the Science of Botany" (1885), "Iowa Orthoptera" (1876), and "On the Distribution of the Seventeen Year Cicada" (1878).
- Correspondence 338
- Photographs 173
- Iowa State College--Alumni and alumnae 162
- Clippings (information artifacts) 155
- Scrapbooks 103
- Minutes (administrative records) 99
- Publications (documents) 91
- Iowa State University--Alumni and alumnae 82
- Reports 81
- Articles 75
- Iowa 56
- Speeches (documents) 53
- Biographies (literary works) 49
- Iowa State University--Faculty 48
- Diaries 46
- Agriculture--Iowa 43
- Ephemera 36
- Newsletters 35
- Photographic prints 33
- Research (documents) 32
- College students--Societies, etc. 30
- Manuscripts (documents) 30
- Financial records 29
- Lecture notes 29
- Annual reports 28
- Society and Human Interactions - Women in science and engineering 28
- Science and Mathematics - Veterinary medicine 27
- Iowa State College--Faculty 26
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry--Faculty 25
- Iowa State University--Sports 23 ∧ less
- English 1853
- Undetermined 1418
- German 3
- Chinese 1
- French 1
- Iowa State University. Department of Computer Science 20
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry 20
- Iowa State University. Cooperative Extension Service 15
- 4-H Youth Development Program (U.S.) 14
- Ames Laboratory 12
- Iowa State University. College of Veterinary Medicine 12
- WOI-TV (Television station : Ames, Iowa) 12
- Iowa State University. Department of Chemistry 9
- WOI (Radio station : Ames, Iowa) 9
- Des Moines Register and Tribune Company 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Agronomy 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Animal Science 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Economics 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Mathematics 8
- Iowa State University. College of Family and Consumer Sciences 7
- Iowa State University. Department of Botany 7
- Iowa State University 6
- Iowa State University. Library 6
- Atanasoff, John V. (John Vincent) 5
- Iowa State University. Alumni Association 5
- Iowa State University. Department of Agricultural Engineering 5
- Iowa State University. Department of Food and Nutrition 5
- Iowa. Board of Regents 5
- American Society for Engineering Education 4
- American Statistical Association 4
- Iowa Agriculture and Home Economics Experiment Station 4
- Iowa Crop Improvement Association 4
- Iowa State College. Cooperative Extension Service 4
- Iowa State University. Graduate College 4
- Iowa State University. World Food Institute. 4 ∧ less