Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 1853
The collection (1992-2002) consists of newspaper clippings regarding land use in Iowa, often focusing on proposed development. Also includes records from the Rural-Urban Land Stewardship Project (RUSP). In addition, there is a folder of print outs from selected pages within the organization's web page.
This collection includes one photograph album containing thirteen black and white photographs of campus scenes, friends, and U.S. Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) exercises.
This collection contains information on Epstein’s research, Phi Kappa Phi, minutes, correspondences, and information on the Plant Pathological Society.
Acton Eric Ostling, Jr. was Assistant Director of Bands (1962) and eventually Director of Bands (1965) at the University of Maryland. He later came to Iowa State University and served as Director of Bands (1968) and as an Assistant Professor (1968-1972). The collection contains biographical information, awards, correspondence, and files associated with the Music Department.
This collection (1912-1979) contains biographical information about Wallace and a scrapbook documenting student life at Iowa State. Assembled by Wallace while a student at Iowa State, the scrapbook contains one photograph of his classmates, four picture postcards with images of the Chemistry building, and other images of campus scenes that were cut out from print publications about Iowa State. It also contains programs regarding St. Patrick’s Day celebrations and other campus events.
This collection (1914-1920) contains two photograph albums and a series of 665 photographs and photographic postcards in a variety of sizes. The subjects include images of the Aden family and friends, their farm, including houses, yards, and outbuildings, livestock and pets, barns, the haying and threshing of crops, farm equipment and machinery, as well as soldiers in World War I France, Iowa towns, traveling by buggy and automobiles, and trips to the American West.
The collection (1933-1936, undated) contains radio talks given by Bowers, taped oral history interviews, newspaper clippings, and a photograph of Bowers with a farmer. The oral history interview transcript contains remarks related to the Farmer’s Holiday Movement, among other matters.
This collection includes meeting minutes and a scrapbook that contains pictures, news articles, and lists of members.
This collection is made up of product literature for agricultural machinery and implements. Some is instructional in nature, i.e., guidelines for erecting a windmill. Other items were designed to promote sales. Few of these items are dated, but most appear to be from the 1930s and 1940s. These files are arranged in general categories, alphabetically by the name of the product. An index of company and manufacturer names is included at the end of this finding aid.
This collection (1972-1981, undated) includes correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, news clippings, and U.S. Department of the Interior reports and maps. The collection documents the organization's efforts for close to a decade.
Agricultural Publications files were collected by Jay Wangsward of "Progressive Farmer". The collection consists of circulation records, advertising rate cards, and publisher's statements of publications that were competitors of "Progressive Farmer" magazine in the mid-1900s.
This collection contains welcome letters and packets sent to new agronomy graduate students, correspondence, nominations, senate bills, club constitution, a survey conducted of the agronomy graduate program faculty, and photographs.
Tyagi was an Assistant Professor (1991) and an Associate Professor (1999) at Iowa State University in Electrical Engineering, with degrees from the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, the Indian Institute of Technology and the University of Washington. Tyagi's research interests include VLSI design, computer architecture, and complexity theory. The collection (1991-1999, undated) includes biographical information, papers, and proposals.
The collection (1971-2004) includes biographical information, correspondence, faculty evaluations, and grant and award information. The biographical information includes news clippings and vitas while the correspondence consists of files related to the publication of his book, The Science of Genetics, and the Department of Genetics.
Alan Selman served as both an Associate Professor and Professor at Iowa State University in 1977-1986. He received his B.S. (1962) from the City College of New York and both his M.S. (1964) from University of California and Ph.D. (1970) in Mathematics from Pennsylvania State University. He received a Fulbright Award in 1982. This collection (1977-1986, undated) includes biographical information, papers, a proposal, and a research report.
This collection (1934-1991) contains personal and professional materials, speeches, publications, information in regards to training and workshops, international projects, photographs, and slides.
This collection (1955-2001) contains Albert Eugene Freeman’s correspondence, details of the dairy husbandry work completed and taught by Freeman, as well as information about the Iowa State University Dairy Farm outside of Ankeny, Iowa.
This collection (1979-1990) contains Dr. Baker’s biographical information, correspondence, papers, and proposals, along with an author/license agreement.
- Language: English X
- Correspondence 337
- Photographs 172
- Iowa State College--Alumni and alumnae 162
- Clippings (information artifacts) 155
- Scrapbooks 102
- Minutes (administrative records) 99
- Publications (documents) 91
- Iowa State University--Alumni and alumnae 82
- Reports 80
- Articles 74
- Iowa 56
- Speeches (documents) 53
- Biographies (literary works) 48
- Iowa State University--Faculty 48
- Diaries 46
- Agriculture--Iowa 43
- Ephemera 36
- Newsletters 35
- Photographic prints 33
- Research (documents) 32
- College students--Societies, etc. 30
- Manuscripts (documents) 30
- Financial records 29
- Annual reports 28
- Lecture notes 28
- Society and Human Interactions - Women in science and engineering 28
- Science and Mathematics - Veterinary medicine 27
- Iowa State College--Faculty 26
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry--Faculty 25
- Iowa State University--Sports 23 ∧ less
- Undetermined 1410
- German 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Iowa State University. Department of Computer Science 20
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry 20
- Iowa State University. Cooperative Extension Service 15
- 4-H Youth Development Program (U.S.) 14
- Ames Laboratory 12
- Iowa State University. College of Veterinary Medicine 12
- WOI-TV (Television station : Ames, Iowa) 12
- Iowa State University. Department of Chemistry 9
- WOI (Radio station : Ames, Iowa) 9
- Des Moines Register and Tribune Company 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Agronomy 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Animal Science 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Economics 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Mathematics 8
- Iowa State University. College of Family and Consumer Sciences 7
- Iowa State University. Department of Botany 7
- Iowa State University 6
- Iowa State University. Library 6
- Atanasoff, John V. (John Vincent) 5
- Iowa State University. Alumni Association 5
- Iowa State University. Department of Agricultural Engineering 5
- Iowa State University. Department of Food and Nutrition 5
- Iowa. Board of Regents 5
- American Society for Engineering Education 4
- American Statistical Association 4
- Iowa Agriculture and Home Economics Experiment Station 4
- Iowa Crop Improvement Association 4
- Iowa State College. Cooperative Extension Service 4
- Iowa State University. Graduate College 4
- Iowa State University. World Food Institute. 4 ∧ less