Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 164
The collection contains scrapbooks compiled by George Wormley consisting of articles published in the Farm Journal magazine 1950-1972 and loose subject related publications and articles dated between 1973 and 1984.
Gerald Maurice Watson (1917-2007) was born and raised in Hazleton, Iowa, where he attended Hazleton High School. He received his B.S. (1942) from Iowa State College (University) in general engineering. After graduating, he served in the United States Army during World War II and the Korean War. This collection contains a diary (1932) written when Watson was 15 and living in Hazleton, Iowa. The diary contains brief entries detailing his daily activities, local events, and weather.
Collection contains biographical information about Gertrude (Curtiss) Kolmos and a notebook that was used by Mrs. Kolmos from 1902-1904 in her cooking classes at Iowa State College.
The collection (1926-1990, undated) contains biographical materials, correspondence, and reprints of articles written by her. Many of Sunderlin's writings focused on cooking, canning, recipes, and nutrition. The collection also contains materials related to her work with the Master Mix. In addition, there are articles written by her students regarding products developed in Sunderlin’s experimental cookery classes.
This collection (circa 1917-1918) contains 132 b/w photographs of the Iowa State College (University) campus and buildings (exterior), students, and Letsch with her friends. It also contains loose postcards featuring the annual pushball contest, with hand-written commentary on the back of each as to the rules and progress of the contest.
This collection (circa 1913-1917) consists of notebooks, sketch pads, course notes, laboratory notes, and picture plates from courses in applied art, botany, chemistry, English literature, anatomy and zoology, history of architecture, home economics, journalism, and personal sanitation and hygiene.
Harry Rex Porter was an Iowa State College (University) graduate (1901) from Woodbine, Iowa. He married Harriet Hasbrouck, a 1900 Iowa State graduate, and moved to Vancouver, Washington. This collection includes biographical information, personal correspondence, illustrations used in the 1900 Bomb (Iowa State's yearbook), and photographs of campus life.
The collection (1917-1946, undated) contains biographical information, photographs, diplomas, a baby book and loose scrapbook pages. The scrapbook pages include many scenic vacation photographs and images of possible family members, though almost all the photographs are unidentified. Helen’s school autograph book was likely completed while she was in junior high school and includes notes and signatures from teachers, friends, and family.
Collection contains newsclippings, memorials, correspondence, and reprints of two articles written by Dean Bergman.
The collection consists of biographical information, awards, diplomas and certificates received by Henry Hugh Dukes. The collection also contains plaques and other three-dimensional items given to Dr. Dukes, including the Borden Award (1960) given to him by the American Veterinary Medical Association, an academic hood (1966) from Clemson University, and the Distinguished Service Achievement Citation (1977) from the Iowa State University Alumni Association.
This collection contains materials Holmes acquired as a freshman in engineering at Iowa State in 1941. Included in the collection are papers from his English and engineering classes, freshman orientation programs and guides, a touch football manual, a wrestling guide written by Iowa State wrestling coach Hugo Otopalik, a student conduct guide, and a fraternity promotional booklet from the Greek system.
Horace Ringheim received a B.S. (1913) in forestry from Iowa State College (University). As a student at Iowa State he was active in sports, playing on the football and baseball teams, and a founding member of the Phi Delta Theta Fraternity. This collection includes biographical information about Ringheim and a college scrapbook with photographs depicting student activities such as football, baseball, and fraternity events as well as campus buildings and other students.
The collection contains news clippings, correspondence, and numerous publications written by Porter regarding seeds and seed pathogens. The publications include a history of the Iowa State College (University) Seed Laboratory, 1931-1946.
This collection features a photograph album created by an unidentified Iowa State College (University) student. It features photographs of student life, campus events, fraternity activities, Iowa State horses of the time, and outings outside of Iowa. This item was part of a donation from the Nancy Mock estate.
This collection contains a large photograph album compiled by an unidentified Iowa Agricultural College (Iowa State University) student during the 1890s. The album shows photographs of various individual students part of the graduating classes of 1886-1893, along with their names under the pictures.
This collection consists of materials related to alumni and former students. Materials have been gathered by multiple departments, including Special Collections and University Archives, and combined into a subject file for each individual. The original source of each documents are not known.
This collection consists of materials related to alumni and former students. See related materials note for collections.
- Subject: Iowa State College--Alumni and alumnae X
- Photographs 36
- Scrapbooks 34
- Correspondence 31
- Clippings (information artifacts) 18
- Photographic prints 13
- College students--Iowa 11
- Publications (documents) 10
- Iowa State College--Students 9
- Iowa State University--Students--20th century 8
- Lecture notes 8
- Photograph albums 7
- Agriculture--Iowa 6
- College students--Iowa--Ames--20th century 6
- Diaries 6
- Iowa State College--Faculty 6
- Course materials 5
- Iowa State University--Alumni and alumnae 5
- Iowa State University--Buildings 5
- Agricultural extension work--Iowa 4
- Agriculture--Iowa--Study and teaching 4
- Articles 4
- Awards 4
- Biographies (literary works) 4
- Dance cards 4
- Diplomas 4
- Iowa 4
- Iowa State College. Division of Home Economics--Students 4
- Lectures 4
- Science and Mathematics - Veterinary medicine 4
- Agriculture--United States 3
- Biography files 3
- Certificates 3
- Ephemera 3
- Farm life--Iowa 3
- Home economics--Iowa--Ames 3
- Iowa Agricultural College--Alumni and alumnae 3
- Iowa State University--Faculty 3
- Iowa State University. College of Veterinary Medicine--Faculty 3
- Laboratory notes 3 + ∧ less
- Iowa State University. Cooperative Extension Service 6
- Iowa State University. College of Veterinary Medicine 5
- WOI (Radio station : Ames, Iowa) 3
- WOI-TV (Television station : Ames, Iowa) 3
- 4-H Youth Development Program (U.S.) 2
- American Seed Trade Association 2
- Iowa State College. Cooperative Extension Service 2
- American Country Life Association 1
- American Farm Bureau Federation 1
- American Legion 1
- American Public Works Association 1
- American University (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Bedell, Berkley 1
- Black, C. A. (Charles Allen) 1
- Bolie, Victor W. 1
- Consortium for International Crop Protection 1
- Delta Delta Delta 1
- Ferguson, Bess 1
- Garst Seed Company 1
- Garst, Jonathan 1
- Hicks, Ellis A. 1
- Independent Bankers Association of America 1
- Iowa Academy of Science 1
- Iowa Crop Improvement Association 1
- Iowa State Conservation Commission 1
- Iowa State University. Alumni Association 1
- Iowa State University. Department of Agricultural Education 1
- Iowa State University. Department of Agricultural Engineering 1
- Iowa State University. Department of Agronomy 1
- Iowa State University. Department of Animal Science 1
- Iowa State University. Department of Botany 1
- Iowa State University. Department of Economics 1
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry 1
- Iowa State University. Department of Mathematics 1
- Iowa State University. Department of Physical Education 1
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 1
- Iowa. Supreme Court 1
- Jebe, E. H. 1
- Kentucky. Bureau of Highways 1
- Kraft, Allen A 1 + ∧ less