Showing Collections: 211 - 240 of 1933
This record group consists of materials gathered by subject, rather than by donor. These groupings were decided upon by the archivists in the Special Collections and University Archives department. The collection contains correspondence, articles, artifacts, and audiovisual materials relating to the history of Iowa State University and the student experience.
For artifacts included in this collection, see the series descriptive notes.
The Cardinal Key Honor Society was established in 1926 to recognize students at Iowa State College (University) who exemplify outstanding leadership, scholarship, character, and service. This collection contains correspondence, reports, nomination forms, rosters, news clippings, and constitution and by-laws. The records include information regarding membership selection process, the tapping ceremony, and Leadership Day.
This collection (1927-2005, undated) contains news clippings and photographs from a scrapbook compiled by Bluedorn while in college. The scrapbook photographs contain images of Bluedorn, Iowa State campus scenes, and other students. The images also depict scenes from Camp Marston, ISU’s Department of Civil Engineering Surveying Summer Camp. The news clippings document his professional and philanthropic achievements.
This collection (1959-1999, undated) contains addresses, biographical information, correspondence, Intensive Agricultural Development Program (IADP) reports, manuscripts, maps, notes, notebooks, annual meeting programs, reference files, and transparencies. The majority of the collection documents Malone's work with the Ford Foundation in India.
This collection (1961-1966) contains biographical information, correspondence, and research papers relating to the work of Carl Goebel. The correspondence is mostly from the time after Goebel worked at Iowa State regarding a manuscript that was being proof-read by Gordon Gatherum. The research materials focused on herbicides and rodent repellant and include written analysis, numerical data and photographs.
Carl Olson, Jr., was a veterinary pathologist and pioneer in cancer research. Olson taught at the University of Nebraska—Lincoln where he served as the Head of the Veterinary Pathology Department and also taught at the University of Wisconsin until his retirement in 1981. The collection (1900-1987) consists of class notebooks that document his course studies as a Veterinary Medicine student at Iowa State College (University).
This collection (circa 1900) contains eighteen 4x5 silver gelatin glass plate negatives and five 5x7 silver gelatin prints (circa 1900). The images depict life on the prairie, including group scenes. Of special interest are several unidentified shots of ships, docks and factories.
This collection (1945-1946, undated) contains handwritten notes from Deppe’s La Porte City High School classmates, Future Homemakers of America Sub-Regional Conference materials, Iowa State College Leadership Conference materials, and handwritten notes by Carol Froning. The handwritten notes include Future Homemakers of America conference speech notes, impressions from the conference, and sights seen while traveling.
This collection contains Dr. Cruz-Neira’s biographical information, and proposals.
This collection is unprocessed, the items have not been arranged or reviewed by SCUA.
The collection (1911-1989, undated) documents the activities of Catherine J. MacKay as Dean of the Division of Home Economics (College of Family and Consumer Science). The collection contains news clippings, articles, writings, and certificates. There is also a bound book, which is comprised of pamphlets Dean MacKay used in her extension work.
The main focus of this collection is Celestia Lee Barker's journal, which she began in 1863 at the age of 17. She wrote consistently in the journal from 1863 to 1866, documenting the events of her daily life. There are only occasional entries after 1866. These later entries, written on birthdays or anniversaries, relate to the Barker's marriage and family.
This collection contains the administrative records from the Center for Biornewable Chemicals (CBiRC).
This collection contains the CTRE's administrative records. Types of records include newsletters.
The collection (1981) contains the program for the expo, committee materials, correspondence, a news release and the treasurer’s report.
This diary, handwritten in pencil, contains brief notes by Chapman concerning daily life in the military, July 1862 to December 1863. His regiment took part in the Battle of Prairie Grove, Arkansas, and the Siege of Vicksburg. The volume also contains accounts and notes (1862-1869, undated).
The original diary is fragile, and access is restricted. A photocopy of the diary is available for research use.
This collection contains slides created by Charles Barthold. Of particular interest is a series of 164 slides documenting the demolition of Clyde Williams Stadium from June to November of 1978. There are also slides showing the activities of the student radio station, KPGY, as well as the remodeling of the studio. The collection is arranged in chronological order.
- Language: English X
- Correspondence 352
- Photographs 178
- Iowa State College--Alumni and alumnae 164
- Clippings (information artifacts) 157
- Scrapbooks 114
- Minutes (administrative records) 108
- Publications (documents) 105
- Reports 86
- Iowa State University--Alumni and alumnae 82
- Articles 80
- Iowa 56
- Speeches (documents) 53
- Biographies (literary works) 48
- Iowa State University--Faculty 48
- Diaries 46
- Agriculture--Iowa 43
- Newsletters 38
- Ephemera 37
- Lecture notes 35
- Annual reports 34
- Photographic prints 33
- College students--Societies, etc. 32
- Research (documents) 32
- Manuscripts (documents) 31
- Financial records 29
- Science and Mathematics - Veterinary medicine 29
- Society and Human Interactions - Women in science and engineering 29
- Iowa State College--Faculty 26
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry--Faculty 25
- Account books 23
- Iowa State University--Sports 23
- Awards 22
- College students--Iowa 22
- Legal documents 22
- Legislators--Iowa 22
- Programs (documents) 21
- Greek letter societies--Iowa--Ames 20
- Iowa Agricultural College--Alumni and alumnae 20
- Slides (photographs) 20
- Agriculture and state--United States 19 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Iowa State University. Department of Computer Science 20
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry 20
- Iowa State University. Cooperative Extension Service 15
- 4-H Youth Development Program (U.S.) 14
- Ames Laboratory 12
- Iowa State University. College of Veterinary Medicine 12
- WOI-TV (Television station : Ames, Iowa) 12
- Iowa State University. Department of Botany 9
- Iowa State University. Department of Chemistry 9
- WOI (Radio station : Ames, Iowa) 9
- Des Moines Register and Tribune Company 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Agronomy 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Animal Science 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Economics 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Mathematics 8
- Iowa State University. College of Family and Consumer Sciences 7
- Iowa State University 6
- Iowa State University. Department of Food and Nutrition 6
- Iowa State University. Library 6
- Atanasoff, John V. (John Vincent) 5
- Iowa State College. Cooperative Extension Service 5
- Iowa State University. Alumni Association 5
- Iowa State University. Department of Agricultural Engineering 5
- Iowa. Board of Regents 5
- American Society for Engineering Education 4
- American Statistical Association 4
- Iowa Agriculture and Home Economics Experiment Station 4
- Iowa Crop Improvement Association 4
- Iowa State University. College of Engineering 4
- Iowa State University. Graduate College 4
- Iowa State University. World Food Institute. 4
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 4
- National Farmers Organization (U.S.) 4
- Republican Party (Iowa) 4
- United States. Soil Conservation Service 4
- American Farm Bureau Federation 3
- American Home Economics Association 3
- American Society of Agricultural Engineers 3
- American Society of Civil Engineers 3
- Brunnier Art Museum 3 + ∧ less