Showing Collections: 271 - 300 of 1933
This collection contains the records created by the Chemical Engineering Wives club, and focus predominantly on planning various events. There are student rosters and staff listings, which the Club used to determine the level of membership for their members. There are no photographs in the collection.
The collection (1918-1962) contains minutes of the Annual Cherokee County Farm Bureau meetings as well as financial statements of the Bureau and minutes of the Board of Directors of the Bureau. The collection also contains meeting minutes of the Cherokee County Farm Bureau, Cherokee County Farm Bureau Exchange, and the Cherokee County Farm Bureau Supply Company on microfilm.
Chester Hamlin Werkman was a professor of bacteriology and biochemistry at Iowa State College (University) from 1923 until 1962. This collection includes biographical information, awards, correspondence, a lab notebook, photographs, and reprints of Werkman's research articles. These files document Werkman's research interests in bacteriology and biochemistry, his work as professor and head of Iowa State's Department of Bacteriology, and his overall career.
This collection contains drafts and manuscripts by Chris Wiewiora as well as a file of biographical information.
This collection (1981-1984, undated) contains material related to Cindy Lee Johnson-Groh's master's thesis, "The Vegetation of Ledges State Park, Boone County, Iowa" (Iowa State University, 1983). Johnson-Groh surveyed the vegetation of the park to provide baseline information needed to develop effective management practices for the preservation of the park's varied flora. This collection includes results of the survey, photographs, vegetation maps, and a copy of Johnson-Groh's thesis.
The collection (1960-1979, undated) contains records of the Citizens Action Committee for Fair Representation including correspondence, news clippings, and reapportionment plans. Correspondents include Elmer W. Bencke, T. E. Davidson, Mary Dresser (Mrs. Howard Dresser), Loren Hickerson, Paul M. McCormick, Bernard R. Nowack, William B. Quarton, Joseph F. Rosenfield, David O. Shaff, David M. Stanley, B. A. Webster, and Stanley Yates.
The collection contains records of the Citizens' Committee for a Constitutional Convention (CCCC) including minutes, correspondence, promotional material, administrative and legal information, and news clippings. Of note is a survey by counties of newspaper reactions to the proposed constitutional convention.
The collection (1956-1978, undated) contains correspondence, advertising materials, newspaper clippings, background materials, and drafts of proposed Iowa legislation.
Citizens to End Animal Suffering and Exploitation Collection of Animal Welfare Legislation Materials
This collection (1987-1989) contains correspondence, discussion notes and proposed legislation focusing on farm animal welfare.
The collection (1981-1988, undated) contains correspondence, legislative materials, news clippings, annual report filings, a court brief, committee materials and articles of incorporation and dissolution documents.
The community of Ames, located in Story County, Iowa, was established in 1864, near the land designated for the Iowa Agricultural College and Model Farm. The collection was compiled by Special Collections and University Archives staff The collection consists of correspondence, news clippings, publications, and reports related to the history, development, and people of Ames, Iowa.
This collection (1929) contains five soybean photographs, which include horses with the harvesting equipment, harvesting equipment in the field, and the soybean field on the Floyd Mahanay farm south of Jefferson, Iowa.
This collection contains numerous newspaper accounts of the 1927 flight as well information relating to the banquet that celebrated the event. There are also photographs of the plane and flight crew.
This collection (1928-1968, undated) contains correspondence, publications, lecture/course notes, and biographical data related to Clarence H. Matterson.
This collection (1903-1905) contains mostly of correspondence between Zintheo and the U.S.D.A., but there is also a short biographical article taken from the August 27, 1903 issue of Farm Implement News. Other information may be found in the Twentieth Biennial Report of the college, the catalogues, and the Jay B. Davidson File.
The collection (1946-1997) consists of records documenting the 1955 visit of a Russian delegation of agriculturalists to Iowa State University. These materials comprise the bulk of the collection and include memoranda, invitations, and itineraries for farm visits. Biographical information and general professional correspondence is also included in the collection.
This collection contains biographical information and reports that Clark wrote while part of the Farmers to Farmers program.
This collection contains Clark Mollenhoff's subject files on John Vincent Atanasoff and the J. V. Atanasoff Trial; ca. 1970's-90. Atanasoff developed a prototype of the Atanasoff Berry Computer (ABC) at Iowa State University in 1939, though a final version was never completed.
- Language: English X
- Correspondence 352
- Photographs 178
- Iowa State College--Alumni and alumnae 164
- Clippings (information artifacts) 157
- Scrapbooks 114
- Minutes (administrative records) 108
- Publications (documents) 105
- Reports 86
- Iowa State University--Alumni and alumnae 82
- Articles 80
- Iowa 56
- Speeches (documents) 53
- Biographies (literary works) 48
- Iowa State University--Faculty 48
- Diaries 46
- Agriculture--Iowa 43
- Newsletters 38
- Ephemera 37
- Lecture notes 35
- Annual reports 34
- Photographic prints 33
- College students--Societies, etc. 32
- Research (documents) 32
- Manuscripts (documents) 31
- Financial records 29
- Science and Mathematics - Veterinary medicine 29
- Society and Human Interactions - Women in science and engineering 29
- Iowa State College--Faculty 26
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry--Faculty 25
- Account books 23
- Iowa State University--Sports 23
- Awards 22
- College students--Iowa 22
- Legal documents 22
- Legislators--Iowa 22
- Programs (documents) 21
- Greek letter societies--Iowa--Ames 20
- Iowa Agricultural College--Alumni and alumnae 20
- Slides (photographs) 20
- Agriculture and state--United States 19 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Iowa State University. Department of Computer Science 20
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry 20
- Iowa State University. Cooperative Extension Service 15
- 4-H Youth Development Program (U.S.) 14
- Ames Laboratory 12
- Iowa State University. College of Veterinary Medicine 12
- WOI-TV (Television station : Ames, Iowa) 12
- Iowa State University. Department of Botany 9
- Iowa State University. Department of Chemistry 9
- WOI (Radio station : Ames, Iowa) 9
- Des Moines Register and Tribune Company 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Agronomy 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Animal Science 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Economics 8
- Iowa State University. Department of Mathematics 8
- Iowa State University. College of Family and Consumer Sciences 7
- Iowa State University 6
- Iowa State University. Department of Food and Nutrition 6
- Iowa State University. Library 6
- Atanasoff, John V. (John Vincent) 5
- Iowa State College. Cooperative Extension Service 5
- Iowa State University. Alumni Association 5
- Iowa State University. Department of Agricultural Engineering 5
- Iowa. Board of Regents 5
- American Society for Engineering Education 4
- American Statistical Association 4
- Iowa Agriculture and Home Economics Experiment Station 4
- Iowa Crop Improvement Association 4
- Iowa State University. College of Engineering 4
- Iowa State University. Graduate College 4
- Iowa State University. World Food Institute. 4
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 4
- National Farmers Organization (U.S.) 4
- Republican Party (Iowa) 4
- United States. Soil Conservation Service 4
- American Farm Bureau Federation 3
- American Home Economics Association 3
- American Society of Agricultural Engineers 3
- American Society of Civil Engineers 3
- Brunnier Art Museum 3 + ∧ less