Showing Collections: 1 - 24 of 24
This collection (1957-1978, undated) documents the history of Senator Hill's service in the Iowa State Senate. It contains clippings, correspondence, Minutes of the Legislative Council, publications, committee and subcommittee reports, and subject files.
The collection (1970-1988) contains biographical information and correspondence. The correspondence is primarily letters written to Camp by his constituents with copies of his replies.
LeRoy Getting was an Iowa politician and farm leader. He served as a State Senator (1959-1963) in the Iowa General Assembly and as Director (1946-1958) of the Iowa Farm Bureau. This collection documents Getting’s work in Republican Party politics, farm policy, and international trade. Files related to two agricultural trade missions to Europe are included in this collection.
The collection (1964-1972, undated) contains correspondence, statements, minutes, and printed materials. The materials deal with Kehe's service on the Iowa House Environmental Preservation Committee and the Standing [Joint House-Senate] Committee on Environmental Preservation.
This collection (1969-1974) contains legislative committee reports, minutes, correspondence, biographical information, and informational files documenting Fisher’s career.
The collection (1960-1967, undated) primarily contains correspondence with his constituents (arranged in subject files) and also contains speeches, personal correspondence, and a letter to the editor. A few of the subject files contain copies of bills, newspaper clippings and resolutions from city or county officials.
This collection consists of 53 interviews of Iowa women legislators, conducted by Suzanne O'Dea Schenken.
All legislators were asked some basic questions about their birth and family background, their youth, their education, and paid and volunteer work experience. They were also asked about specific events in their legislative careers based upon the background research.
This collection documents Hagen’s achievements in conservation and public speaking on conservation. Materials include photocopies of newspaper clippings, soil conservation literature, conservation planning materials, and a selection of Hagen's correspondence and speeches.
- Legislators--Iowa 22
- Correspondence 13
- Clippings (information artifacts) 8
- Speeches (documents) 5
- Politicians--Iowa 4
- Bills (legislative records) 3
- Political campaigns--Iowa 3
- Reports 3
- Biographies (literary works) 2
- Diaries 2
- Iowa State College--Alumni and alumnae 2
- Minutes (administrative records) 2
- Photographs 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Women legislators--Iowa 2
- Academic freedom--Iowa 1
- Agricultural exhibitions--Iowa--Des Moines--Planning 1
- Agriculture--Europe 1
- Agriculture--Iowa 1
- Agriculture--United States 1
- Agriculturists--Iowa 1
- Agriculturists--United States 1
- Apportionment (Election law)--Iowa 1
- Bankers--Iowa 1
- Bibliographies 1
- Bills, Legislative--Iowa 1
- Brochures 1
- Businessmen--Iowa 1
- Century farms--Iowa--History 1
- College students--Political activity--Iowa 1
- College teachers--Iowa 1
- Conservationists--Iowa 1
- Dentists--Iowa 1
- Drafts (documents) 1
- Environmental protection--Iowa 1
- Environmentalism--Iowa--History 1
- Ephemera 1
- Farmers--Iowa 1
- Farmers--Iowa--Biography 1
- Farmers--United States--Political activity 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 19
- Iowa. General Assembly. House of Representatives 3
- Republican Party (Iowa) 3
- American Legion 1
- Beck, Robert E. 1
- Evashevski, Forest 1