Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 150
This collection (1912-1979) contains biographical information about Wallace and a scrapbook documenting student life at Iowa State. Assembled by Wallace while a student at Iowa State, the scrapbook contains one photograph of his classmates, four picture postcards with images of the Chemistry building, and other images of campus scenes that were cut out from print publications about Iowa State. It also contains programs regarding St. Patrick’s Day celebrations and other campus events.
This collection contains three photograph albums with hundreds of images documenting student life and events at Iowa State, as well as personal and family images of Stoddard's life. Shows campus buildings and grounds (including some aerial shots), football games, off campus housing, fraternity life, classmates, and field trips. Also includes images of the Knapp family and scenes from Hastings, Nebraska, and Springfield, Illinois. Most images include captions handwritten by Stoddard.
This collection (1845-2012) consists of Pellegreno's research material: correspondence, clippings, manuscript drafts, and biographical files relating to the history of aviation. Among the paper records, photographs, audiotapes, and ephemera is information about Lincoln Beachy, Clarence Chamberlin, Ellen Church, the Donaldson Brothers, Carl H. Duede, Ila Fox, Neil J. McCoubrey, Clarence Norton, Eddie Rickenbacker, the Wright Brothers, and several Iowa air shows.
The Lloyd E. Arnold family counts at least two members as graduates of Iowa State University: Lloyd and his daughter Donna. This collection contains materials related to these two members of the Arnold family and their time at Iowa State. The collection contains diplomas, letters, marriage certificates, photographs of Iowa State's VEISHEA festival, and a diary documenting Lloyd's work marketing and growing alfalfa seed.
The collection (1974-1996) consists of photographs of meetings, demonstrations, and projects, news clippings, and a campus organization registration form.
This collection (1927-2005, undated) contains news clippings and photographs from a scrapbook compiled by Bluedorn while in college. The scrapbook photographs contain images of Bluedorn, Iowa State campus scenes, and other students. The images also depict scenes from Camp Marston, ISU’s Department of Civil Engineering Surveying Summer Camp. The news clippings document his professional and philanthropic achievements.
This collection (1942-2002, undated) contains photographs of students, colleagues, and research projects. The papers also include correspondence with colleagues, researchers and publishers. In addition, there are notes from courses, lectures and research. The collection also contains of biographical information and news clippings.
This collection (1929-1992, undated) includes biographical information, family correspondence, news clippings, photographs, and reports. The family correspondence consists of letters between Charles and the Keithahn family while Charles was away from home. There are also letters between Charles' parents and officials and professors from the schools Charles attended. This collection also contains biographical information about Charles Keithahn and several reports.
The collection contains correspondence, biographical information and memorials, publications, and addresses. The papers also include information regarding the Charles Henry Stange Award and photographs of Dr. Stange on vacation and of his friends and family.
This collection (1981-1984, undated) contains material related to Cindy Lee Johnson-Groh's master's thesis, "The Vegetation of Ledges State Park, Boone County, Iowa" (Iowa State University, 1983). Johnson-Groh surveyed the vegetation of the park to provide baseline information needed to develop effective management practices for the preservation of the park's varied flora. This collection includes results of the survey, photographs, vegetation maps, and a copy of Johnson-Groh's thesis.
This collection (1929) contains five soybean photographs, which include horses with the harvesting equipment, harvesting equipment in the field, and the soybean field on the Floyd Mahanay farm south of Jefferson, Iowa.
This collection contains numerous newspaper accounts of the 1927 flight as well information relating to the banquet that celebrated the event. There are also photographs of the plane and flight crew.
This collection contains Clark Mollenhoff's subject files on John Vincent Atanasoff and the J. V. Atanasoff Trial; ca. 1970's-90. Atanasoff developed a prototype of the Atanasoff Berry Computer (ABC) at Iowa State University in 1939, though a final version was never completed.
This collection (1908-1998, undated) contains documents relating to the career of Don Kirkham. The papers include biographical information, news clippings, correspondence, speeches, lectures, and publications. The collection also contains notes and photographs relating to Kirkham's research projects. In addition, the papers include the annual reports from experimental farms across the state of Iowa.
This collection (1893-2005, undated) contains material related to Earl Douglass and his work in paleontology. The collection includes articles written about Douglass and his work, poetry written by Douglass, and a Register of Papers contained in the Special Collections Department of the University of Utah Libraries. The collection also contains two oversized items: a composite photograph of the Iowa State graduating class of 1893 and his diploma from Iowa State.
- Photographs 141
- Correspondence 53
- Iowa State College--Alumni and alumnae 38
- Clippings (information artifacts) 36
- Scrapbooks 34
- Slides (photographs) 16
- Publications (documents) 15
- Articles 12
- Iowa State University--Alumni and alumnae 11
- Reports 11
- Speeches (documents) 11
- Programs (documents) 9
- College students--Iowa 8
- Minutes (administrative records) 8
- Diaries 7
- Greek letter societies--Iowa--Ames 7
- Records (documents) 7
- Agricultural education--Societies, etc. 6
- Biographies (literary works) 6
- Negatives (photographs) 6
- Research (documents) 6
- Awards 5
- Ephemera 5
- Agriculture and state--United States 4
- Arts and Culture - Design 4
- College students--Societies, etc. 4
- Genealogies (histories) 4
- Girls--Societies, etc. 4
- Legal documents 4
- Newsletters 4 ∧ less
- Undetermined 116
- 4-H Youth Development Program (U.S.) 5
- Des Moines Register and Tribune Company 3
- Iowa State University. Cooperative Extension Service 3
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry 3
- American Seed Trade Association 2
- Atanasoff, John V. (John Vincent) 2
- Iowa State University. College of Veterinary Medicine 2
- Iowa State University. Department of Food and Nutrition 2
- Michigan State University 2
- Society of Women Engineers 2
- American Council on Education 1
- American Country Life Association 1
- American Legion 1
- American Society for Engineering Education 1
- American Society of Civil Engineers 1
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers 1
- American Soybean Association 1
- American University (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Ames Laboratory 1
- Black, C. A. (Charles Allen) 1
- Blunck, Kirk V., 1953- 1
- Carlin, Agnes Frances 1
- Carnegie-Mellon University. Department of Statistics 1
- Charles Herbert and Associates 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.). Company 1744 (Ida.). 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.). Company 781 (Iowa) 1
- Engineers' Council for Professional Development 1
- Garcia, Pilar A., 1926-2021 1
- Garst Seed Company 1 ∧ less