Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
The collection (1870-1985) consists of biographical information, an inventory to the collection of Bessey’s papers at the University of Nebraska, correspondence, and information on the Charles E. Bessey Lecture. The papers also contain addresses, reports, and writings by Bessey, including "The Demands Made by Agriculture upon the Science of Botany" (1885), "Iowa Orthoptera" (1876), and "On the Distribution of the Seventeen Year Cicada" (1878).
This collection (1929-2014) contains materials related to Frederick G. Smith.
The collection (1916-1966, undated) contains biographical materials and articles regarding fungi and other parasites. The memorial Gilman wrote for Louis Pammel is also in the collection. In addition, the papers include correspondence with Iowa State University faculty and the general public regarding his expertise with fungi.
This collection (1936-1996, undated) contains information from club meetings, lectures sponsored by or related to the club, newspaper clippings, club sponsored field trips, and newsletters. There are group photographs as well as photographs and slides from various field trips. The slides also contain images of different plant life observed on field trips. Most of the slides were created by George Knaphus, a professor of Botany at Iowa State and longtime advisor to the club.
This collection contains mainly research and publications of Jack R. Wallin.
This collection (1911-1979, undated) contains materials related to various projects, courses, seminars, colleges and associations which relates to Dr. John M. Aikman.
This collection (1875) contains one volume of botanical specimens collected by Wilbur N. Hunt. Hunt collected the fifty-two plant samples on or near the Iowa Agricultural College (Iowa State University) campus from April through June 1875, mostly likely as a requirement for his sophomore year botany class. Each sample is carefully labeled with the plant's order, genus, species, habitat, and date collected. Six unidentified specimens can be found in the book following the labeled samples.
- Science and Mathematics - Botany 7
- Botany--Study and teaching 6
- Botany--Research 5
- Correspondence 5
- Iowa 4
- Iowa State University. Department of Botany--Faculty 4
- Photographs 4
- Botany--Societies, etc. 3
- Iowa State College--Alumni and alumnae 3
- Publications (documents) 3
- Specimens 3
- Botanical specimens--Iowa--Ames--Identification 2
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Iowa State University--Students--19th century 2
- Plant pathologists--Iowa 2
- Prairie ecology--Iowa 2
- Reports 2
- Research (documents) 2
- Aflatoxins--Research 1
- Ames (Iowa) 1
- Articles 1
- Botanical specimens 1
- Botanical specimens--Kentucky--Identification 1
- Botanists 1
- Botanists--Iowa 1
- Botanists--United States 1
- Botany 1
- College students--Societies, etc. 1
- Color slides 1
- Conservationists--Iowa 1
- Creationism--Philosophy 1
- Ecology on radio--Iowa 1
- Evolution 1
- Fungi 1
- Herbaria--Iowa 1
- Instructional materials 1
- Iowa Agricultural College--Students 1
- Iowa State College--Faculty 1
- Iowa State College--Students 1
- Iowa State College--Students--20th century 1 + ∧ less
- Iowa State University. Department of Botany 6
- Iowa Academy of Science 1
- North American Mycological Association 1
- University of Nebraska--Lincoln 1