Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 38
The Lloyd E. Arnold family counts at least two members as graduates of Iowa State University: Lloyd and his daughter Donna. This collection contains materials related to these two members of the Arnold family and their time at Iowa State. The collection contains diplomas, letters, marriage certificates, photographs of Iowa State's VEISHEA festival, and a diary documenting Lloyd's work marketing and growing alfalfa seed.
The main focus of this collection is Celestia Lee Barker's journal, which she began in 1863 at the age of 17. She wrote consistently in the journal from 1863 to 1866, documenting the events of her daily life. There are only occasional entries after 1866. These later entries, written on birthdays or anniversaries, relate to the Barker's marriage and family.
This diary, handwritten in pencil, contains brief notes by Chapman concerning daily life in the military, July 1862 to December 1863. His regiment took part in the Battle of Prairie Grove, Arkansas, and the Siege of Vicksburg. The volume also contains accounts and notes (1862-1869, undated).
The original diary is fragile, and access is restricted. A photocopy of the diary is available for research use.
This collection (1867-1868) consists of a daily diary kept from January 1, 1867, to February 4, 1868, by farmer and sheep raiser Charles Mabie of Fredericksburg, Chickasaw County, Iowa. Throughout his diary Mabie named the friends he and his wife visited and who visited them, the people he did business with, and the fellow farmers he helped with specified work. He also noted his church and lecture attendance, the purchase of a town lot, and the sale of his farm.
This collection (1898-1937) contains ten diaries kept by Clementine "Clemmie" M. Harris between the years 1898-1911. These diaries contain information about Mrs. Harris’ daily life in Springville, Iowa. Included within some of the diaries are newspaper clippings regarding deaths of friends in Springville, as well as clippings about local events. The collection also contains several newspaper clippings, including an obituary.
Gerald Maurice Watson (1917-2007) was born and raised in Hazleton, Iowa, where he attended Hazleton High School. He received his B.S. (1942) from Iowa State College (University) in general engineering. After graduating, he served in the United States Army during World War II and the Korean War. This collection contains a diary (1932) written when Watson was 15 and living in Hazleton, Iowa. The diary contains brief entries detailing his daily activities, local events, and weather.
Collection contains three of Robertson’s personal diaries: two personal diaries from 1861-1862 and an account book circa 1860. Diaries detail his travels, thoughts, purchases, and transcriptions of some poetry and verse. Although the diaries are preprinted with the dates 1856, 1858, and 1861, he appears to have used them at later dates than those for which they were intended.
This collection (1816-1929, undated) documents the McCall family, their business activities, and T. C. McCall's Civil War service. The collection includes biographical information, correspondence, diaries, legal documents, business records, army records, school papers and reports, news clippings, certificates, printed material, photographs, and memorabilia.
- Correspondence 7
- Photographs 7
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 7
- Iowa State College--Alumni and alumnae 6
- Soldiers--Iowa--19th century 4
- United States--Army--Military life--History--19th century 3
- Articles 2
- Diaries--19th century 2
- Europe--Description and travel 2
- Families--Iowa 2
- Family farms--Iowa--History 2
- Farm life--Iowa 2
- Farm life--Iowa--19th century 2
- Farmers--Iowa 2
- Farmers--Iowa--19th century 2
- Iowa 2
- Iowa--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Legislators--Iowa 2
- Obituaries 2
- Rural women--Iowa 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Soldiers--United States--19th century 2
- Speeches (documents) 2
- Vicksburg (Miss.)--History--Siege, 1863 2
- Women engineers--Iowa 2
- 4-H clubs--Iowa--Decatur County 1
- African Americans--Arkansas 1
- Agriculture and state--United States 1
- Agriculture, Cooperative--Iowa 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 34
- American Legion 1
- Barker, William B. 1
- Boston Theological Institute 1
- Independent Bankers Association of America 1
- Iowa State University. Center for Agricultural and Economic Adjustment 1
- Iowa State University. Department of Agricultural Education 1
- Iowa. Governor's Commission on Economic and Social Trends 1
- Iowa. Higher Education Facilities Commission 1
- Iowa. Highway Commission 1
- National Farm Institute 1
- Radio Free Europe 1
- Republican Party (Iowa) 1
- Terrill, Thomas M. 1
- United States. Army 1
- United States. Bureau of Agricultural Economics 1
- United States. Federal Farm Board 1 ∧ less