Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The collection (1921-1982, undated) contains membership lists, newsletters, correspondence, news clippings, and brochures. The records also include several drafts and the notes to the brief history of the club, The Commoners of Iowa State, written in 1979 by Kent Pellet (Iowa State College, 1928), Ed Voss (Denison University, 1950), and Ralph Luebbers (Iowa State College, 1927).
Mortar Board was started at Iowa State College in 1914 as a senior honor society for women. The National Mortar Board petition was granted in 1924, and installed in 1925. This collection contains correspondence, newsletter clippings, publications, membership information, photographs, scrapbooks and other files of the Iowa State chapter of Mortar Board.