Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Record Group — Box: 1
Identifier: RS 13/5/6
Abstract Officially established in 1946 at Antigua, Guatemala, the Iowa State College-Guatemala Tropical Research Center was a cooperative effort between Iowa State and the Guatemalan Ministry of Agriculture. The Center was largely funded through grant money from the Earl E. May Seed Company and all research operations were directed by Irving E. Melhus of Iowa State. The Guatemalan national government provided plots of land and trained staff to help conduct experiments and Iowa State provided expert...
Dates: 1944-1949, undated