Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 270
Alexander Humphreys Woollcott became famous in American literary and drama circles as an author, critic, and actor. Woollcott worked for several influential New York magazines and newspapers as well as radio. Woollcott wrote several novels and portrayed himself in Kaufman and Hart's "The Man Who Came to Dinner" (1940), a play based on Woollcott himself. The collection contains a single letter to a "little struggler" regarding work doing book reviews.
The collection (1914-1991) contains correspondence, chapter constitution, membership listings, newsletters, programs, and news clippings.
This collection (1968-1996, undated) contains records of the American Society of Agronomy including correspondence and reports from committees, editorial boards, and organizational liaisons. The collection also includes executive committee minutes and presidential speeches and talks. The files primarily document the ASA during the presidencies of Charles A. Black (President, 1971) and John Pesek (President, 1979). Both men were Professors of Agronomy at Iowa State University.
This collection (1845-2012) consists of Pellegreno's research material: correspondence, clippings, manuscript drafts, and biographical files relating to the history of aviation. Among the paper records, photographs, audiotapes, and ephemera is information about Lincoln Beachy, Clarence Chamberlin, Ellen Church, the Donaldson Brothers, Carl H. Duede, Ila Fox, Neil J. McCoubrey, Clarence Norton, Eddie Rickenbacker, the Wright Brothers, and several Iowa air shows.
This collection consists of biographical information, committee files, correspondence, meeting minutes, files relating to student groups and surveys. Of particular interest are files that concentrate on foreign students and students involved in the military.
This collection (1972-1990s) documents the activities of the AWG Denver chapter. The collection contains correspondence, minutes, conference programs, agendas, newsletters, brochures, guidelines, receipts, budgets, and photographs.
The collection (1918-1919) contains over 200 letters written by Pvt. Aulger L. Paulson to his family in Postville, Iowa. Paulson describes his daily activities and the various structures and buildings at Camp Dodge.
The collection (1893-1903, undated) contains correspondence, endorsements, and a copy of the company's advertising.
The collection (1981) contains the program for the expo, committee materials, correspondence, a news release and the treasurer’s report.
This collection (1942-2002, undated) contains photographs of students, colleagues, and research projects. The papers also include correspondence with colleagues, researchers and publishers. In addition, there are notes from courses, lectures and research. The collection also contains of biographical information and news clippings.
This collection contains correspondence from Dana Bennett during the years 1966-1971 when he was actively soliciting for the National Safety Council. Among the correspondents are Harold Heldreth, Howard Pyle, and Charles F. Masterson.
The collection contains correspondence, biographical information and memorials, publications, and addresses. The papers also include information regarding the Charles Henry Stange Award and photographs of Dr. Stange on vacation and of his friends and family.
This collection (1965-1974, undated) contains files relating to Charles Laverty's work on environmental issues and land use during his service in the Iowa state legislature. The materials include correspondence, minutes, reports, and background information.
- Correspondence 269
- Clippings (information artifacts) 69
- Photographs 49
- Minutes (administrative records) 41
- Reports 33
- Speeches (documents) 29
- Articles 27
- Publications (documents) 27
- Iowa State College--Alumni and alumnae 26
- Biographies (literary works) 19
- Iowa State University--Alumni and alumnae 16
- Research (documents) 14
- Manuscripts (documents) 13
- Legal documents 12
- Legislators--Iowa 12
- Scrapbooks 12
- Annual reports 11
- Programs (documents) 11
- Iowa State University--Administration 10
- Iowa State University--Faculty 10
- Newsletters 10
- Ephemera 9
- Financial records 9
- Agendas (administrative records) 8
- Agriculture and state--United States 8
- Awards 8
- Records (documents) 8
- Biography files 7
- College students--Societies, etc. 7
- Diaries 7 ∧ less
- Ames Laboratory 6
- 4-H Youth Development Program (U.S.) 5
- Iowa State University. Cooperative Extension Service 5
- Des Moines Register and Tribune Company 4
- Iowa. General Assembly. Senate 4
- Iowa State University. Department of Chemistry 3
- WOI (Radio station : Ames, Iowa) 3
- WOI-TV (Television station : Ames, Iowa) 3
- American Home Economics Association 2
- American Society for Engineering Education 2
- Crop Science Society of America, Inc. 2
- Institute of Current World Affairs 2
- Iowa Corn Growers Association 2
- Iowa Farmers Union 2
- Iowa State University 2
- Iowa State University. College of Veterinary Medicine 2
- Iowa State University. Department of Agricultural Engineering 2
- Iowa State University. Department of Agronomy 2
- Iowa State University. Department of Animal Science 2
- Iowa State University. Faculty Senate 2
- Iowa State University. Graduate College 2
- Iowa State University. Library 2
- Iowa State University. World Food Institute. 2
- League of Women Voters of Iowa 2
- Michigan State University 2
- Republican Party (Iowa) 2
- Tau Beta Pi 2
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Concrete Institute 1
- American Country Life Association 1 ∧ less