Thomas A. Hippaka papers
Scope and Content
This collection (1929-1973, undated) contains biographical information, correspondence, a visitor guest book, the publication Industrial Education in Finland, Industrial arts Publications authored by Hippaka, his articles in multiple educational publications, and his unpublished articles, notes and speeches. The guest book documents visitors that he entertained at his home. Many of his articles and publications in the collection involve industrial arts education. There is a copy of Hippaka’s publication Iowa Industrial Arts Handbook in this collection
- 1929-1973, undated
Language of Materials
English and Finnish
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Thomas August Hippaka was bo[KBJ"Hippaka also served as President of the Ames Rotary Club." Any idea what year(s)?
0.42 Linear Feet (1 document box)
Thomas A. Hippaka, born March 11, 1895, was a Professor of Industrial Education at Iowa State University. He specialized in industrial arts, guidance counseling, educational measurements, psychology and supervision. The collection includes biographical information, correspondence, a visitor guestbook, the publication Industrial Education in Finland, published works regarding education, and unpublished articles, notes and speeches.
The collection is organized Alphabetically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Industrial arts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Iowa State University. Department of Industrial Education and Technology--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- RS 10/6/52. Thomas A. Hippaka papers, 1929-1973, undated
- April 10, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note