Richard C. Schultz papers
Scope and Content
This collection (1971-2010) contains biographical information, published articles, and research proposals related to the work of Richard C. Schultz. The published articles and research proposals document Schultz’s interests in agroforestry, restoration ecology, and watershed management.
- Schultz, Richard C. (Person)
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Richard Carl Schultz was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on March 3, 1942. He received his B.S. (1964) in forest resources management and his M.S. (1968) and Ph.D. (1970) in forest biology from Iowa State University.
Schultz became Head (1971-1972) of the Environmental Coordination Department of the Iowa Department of Transportation. He was a member of the faculty (1972-1979) at the University of Georgia. He returned to Iowa State as Associate Professor (1979-1982) in the Department of Forestry and was promoted to Professor (1982-present).
Schultz's research interests focus on restoration ecology and watershed management. The goal of his research is to improve the quality of soil, stream water, and terrestrial and aquatic habitat through the development of riparian buffers, stream bank bioengineering, in-stream structures, and constructed wetlands.
Richard Schultz married Linda J. Lee, and they had four children: Tom, Anna, Nicholas, and Peter.
0.63 Linear Feet (1 document box and 1 half-document box)
The collection is organized Alphabetically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Agroforestry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Articles Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Research proposals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Restoration ecology Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Schultz, Richard C.
- Science and Mathematics - Natural resources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 9/17/55. Richard C. Schultz papers, 1971-2010
- April 10, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note