Donald I. Dickmann papers
Scope and Content
The collection contains biographical information and professional publications. The publications focus on Dr. Dickmann’s research in Wood Quality.
- 1968-1984, undated
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Donald I. Dickmann was born on September 6, 1941. He received his B.S. (1964) from the University of Washington College of Forestry in Forest Products, M.S. (1965) from the University of California in Computer Science, and Ph. D. (1969) from the University of Wisconsin. He served as a Forest-Fire Lookout (1961) for the United States Forest Service, Draftsman/Blueprinter (1961-1962) for Berger Industries, Soils Laboratory Technician (1962-1963) for the University of Washington, Research Technician (1967) for the Washington Department of Natural Resources, and Assistant Manager (1967) for the Sveden House Restaurant in Madison, Wisconsin.
Dr. Dickmann was a member of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the American Society of Plant Physiologists, Xi Sigma Pi, and Sigma Xi. He married Joy C. Erickson on September 2, 1961. They had one child, Eric D. Dickmann.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 Half-document Box)
Language of Materials
The collection is organized Alphabetically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Science and Mathematics - Forests and forestry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 9/14/68. Donald I. Dickmann papers, 1968-1984, undated
- April 10, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note