Jesse Davis Wellons III papers
Scope and Content
The collection (1965-1976, undated) contains biographical and professional publications. The professional publications focus on Dr. Wellons’ research in wood science and wood chemistry.
- 1965-1976, undated
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Jesse Davis Wellons III was born on April 4, 1938 in Roanoke, Virginia. He received his B.S. (1960) from Duke University, M.F. (1962) from Duke University, and Ph. D. (1965) from Duke University. He served as a Research Chemist (1962-1965) for the Research Triangle Institute in Durham, North Carolina. He arrived at Iowa State University in 1965 as an Associate Professor.
Dr. Wellons was a member of Beta Omega Sigma, Sigma Xi, James B. Duke Fellow, Forest Products Research Society, Society of Wood Science and Technology, Technical Association of Pulp and Paper Industry, American Chemical Society, Xi Sigma Pi, and Gamma Sigma Delta.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 Half-document Box)
Language of Materials
The collection is organized Alphabetically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Forests and forestry--Study and teaching (Higher)--Iowa--Ames Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Science and Mathematics - Forests and forestry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 9/14/67. Jesse Davis Wellons III papers, 1965-1976, undated
- April 19, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note