DeWitt Nelson papers
Scope and Content
The collection (1966-1986) contains biographical information and professional publications. The professional publications focus on Dr. Nelson’s work in recreation resources management and natural resource administration.
- 1966-1986, undated
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Dewitt Nelson was born on January 13, 1901 in Madrid, Iowa. He received his B.S. (1925) from Iowa State University. He served as a Forester and Supervisor (1925-1944) for the United States Forest Service and a State Forester (1961-1966) for the California Department of Conservation. His research specialized in Recreational Resources Management and Natural Resource Administration. He was a member of the Society of American Foresters, the American Forestry Association, and Association of State Foresters. He was appointed Professor in the Department of Forestry at Iowa State University in 1968.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 Half-document Box)
Language of Materials
The collection is organized Alphabetically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Forests and forestry--Study and teaching (Higher)--Iowa--Ames Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Natural resources--Management Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Science and Mathematics - Forests and forestry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 9/14/66. DeWitt Nelson papers, 1966-1986, undated
- April 19, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note