Wendell Gillett Beardsley papers
Scope and Content
The collection (1964-1990, undated) contains Wendell Gillett Beardsley's biographical information and publications. Beardsley’s publications included in the collection focus on his research in outdoor recreation policies.
- 1964-1990, undated
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Wendell Gillett Beardsley was born October 22, 1940 in Stillwater, Minnesota. He received his B.S. (1962) from the University of Minnesota, M.S. (1965) from the University of Minnesota, and Ph.D. (1969) from Utah State University.
He served as a Forester (1962-1963) in the Umatilla National Forest, a Research Staff Member (1964-1965) for the Minnesota Outdoor Recreation Resources Commission, and a Research Forester (1965-1966) for the Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station in Fort Collins, Colorado. He was also a Research Forester (1966-1969) for the Cooperative Recreation Research Unit in Logan, Utah, and as an Economist (1969-1971) for Production Economics and Recreation Resource Planning Projects.
Dr. Beardsley was a member of Xi Sigma Pi and Alpha Zeta.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 half-document box)
Language of Materials
The collection is organized Alphabetically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Forests and forestry--Study and teaching (Higher)--Iowa--Ames Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Outdoor recreation--Iowa Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Science and Mathematics - Forests and forestry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 9/14/65. Wendell Gillett Beardsley papers, 1964-1990, undated
- April 19, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note