John C. Meadows, Jr. papers
Scope and Content
The collection (1968-1971, undated) contains biographical information and professional publications. The professional publications focus on Dr. Meadow’s work with forest resources and biology.
- 1968-1971, undated
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
John C. Meadows, Jr. received his B.S. (1954) from Auburn University, M.S. (1958) from Georgia Institute of Technology, and Ph.D. (1969) from Duke University. He served as an Instructor (1957-1958) at the Georgia Institute of Technology, an Economic Analyst (1958-1962) at International Paper Company, and as Vice President (1963-1966) at Meadows, Inc. Dr. Meadows arrived at Iowa State University in 1968 as an Instructor and was promoted to Assistant Professor in 1969.
Dr. Meadows was a member of Xi Sigma Pi, Scabbard and Blade, Alpha Zeta, Steerage, Society of American Foresters, American Economics Association, the Institute of Management Sciences, the Econometric Society, and Lambda Chi Alpha.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 Half-Document Box)
Language of Materials
The collection is organized Alphabetically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Forests and forestry--Study and teaching (Higher)--Iowa--Ames Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Science and Mathematics - Forests and forestry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 9/14/64. John C. Meadows, Jr. papers, 1968-1971, undated
- April 19, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note