Kenneth Dale Ware papers
Scope and Content
The collection (1961-1976, undated) contains biographical information and an assortment of Ware’s professional publications. These publications focus on Ware’s work with forest mensuration.
- 1961-1976, undated
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Kenneth Dale Ware was born on August 30, 1935 in Webster Springs, West Virginia. He received his B.S. (1956) in Forestry from West Virginia University, M.S. (1957) in Forestry from Yale University, and Ph. D. (1960) from Yale University. His professional experience included the following positions: Junior Engineer (1955-1956) with U.S. Steel Corporation, Research Assistant (1956-1957) with Yale University, Laboratory and Teaching Assistant (1957-1958) with Yale University, and Research Forester (1958-1961) with the United States Forest Service. While at Iowa State University, Ware was an Assistant Professor (1961-1964) of Forestry, Associate Professor (1964-1968), and Professor (1968-1970).
Ware was a member of Alpha Zeta, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the American Statistical Association, the Biometric Society, the Iowa Academy of Science, Phi Epsilon Phi, Sigma Xi, the Society of American Foresters, Xi Sigma Pi, Gamma Sigma Delta, and Phi Kappa Phi.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 Half-document Box)
Language of Materials
The collection is organized Alphabetically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Forests and forestry--Measurement Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Forests and forestry--Study and teaching (Higher)--Iowa--Ames Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Science and Mathematics - Forests and forestry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 9/14/61. Kenneth Dale Ware papers, 1961-1976, undated
- April 19, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note