Paul H. Wray papers
Scope and Content
The collection (1975-2006, undated) contains biographical information and Wray’s publications. The publications focus on his research with agroforestry, tree production, and Christmas tree production in Iowa.
- 1975-2006, undated
- Wray, Paul Harland (Person)
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Paul H. Wray was born on February 11, 1946 in Austin, MN. He received his B.S. (1968) in Forest Management and Ph.D. (1974) in Forest Biology from Iowa State University. His professional experience included the positions of Fire Suppression Aid (1966-1967) in Worland, Wyoming; Forestry Aid (1967-1968) for the US Forestry Service; Chief Computer/Fire Direction Center (1968-1970) for the U.S. Army; and Assistant Professor (1974-1975) for Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Wray joined the faculty at Iowa State University as an Assistant Professor (1975-1979) in the Department of Forestry. He was promoted to Associate Professor (1979-1985) and Professor (1985-2006). He retired in 2006.
Wray was a member of the International Society of Arboriculture, Xi Sigma Pi, Gamma Sigma Delta, Sigma Xi, and Epsilon Sigma Phi. He was awarded the Iowa Hoo-Hoo Scholarship (1966), Rice Estate Advanced Curriculum Scholarship (1965-1968), Outstanding Freshman Forestry Student (1965), Xi Sigma Pi (1967), Outstanding Extension Educator Award (1980), Master Woodland Manager Program (1992).
Wray's research interests included woodland and plantation management. He was specifically interested in Black Walnut production, Christmas tree management, and agroforestry.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 Half-Document Box)
Language of Materials
The collection is organized Alphabetically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Agroforestry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Forests and forestry--Study and teaching (Higher)--Iowa--Ames Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Iowa State University--Alumni and alumnae Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry
- Iowa State University. Department of Forestry--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Wray, Paul Harland
- RS 9/14/59. Paul H. Wray papers, 1975-2006, undated
- February 26, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note