Iowa State University. Farm House Building Committee records
Scope and Content
The collection contains meeting minutes, correspondence, grant information, and reports and recommendations of the Farm House Building Committee. The Committee oversaw the renovation and the transformation of the Farm House into a museum.
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
President Robert W. Parks established the Farm House Building Committee in 1971 to consider the long-range uses for the Farm House, which was built in 1860 and is the oldest structure on Iowa State University’s campus. In 1972, the Committee decided to restore the Farm House to as it was in 1912.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 half-document box)
The collection is organized Chronologically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- College museums Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Iowa State University. Farm House Museum
- Minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Photographs Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Reports Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- RS 8/6/10. Iowa State University. Farm House Building Committee records, 1971-1979
- April 22, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note