Women in Chemistry Oral History Project
Scope and Content
This collection, organized alphabetically by name, contains biographical information, photographs, published material, and oral history interview transcripts. Some transcripts are unavailable due to their being revised. Additional transcripts will be added continuously.
The master audio cassettes of each interview are restricted. Reference copies are available for researchers, please contact the Curator, Archives of Women in Science and Engineering.
Biographical information and interview descriptions are available following the container list.
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
The Archives of Women in Science and Engineering (Iowa State University Library) is sponsoring an oral history project focused on women who have devoted their careers to the study of chemistry in the post World War II era. The project, funded by the ISU Library, the Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation, and private donors, will document the careers and experiences of women in chemistry and chemical engineering to illustrate the critical role of women in science.
1.68 Linear Feet (4 document boxes)
Digital reproductions of a selection of audio materials from the Women in Chemistry Oral History Project are available electronically. Please see the Electronic Resources section for a link.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Biochemistry--Research Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Briscoe, Anne M.
- Cartoons (humorous images) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Interviews Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Minorities in science--United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- United States--Politics and government--Caricatures and cartoons Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women chemists--Biography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women in chemistry--Archives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- MS-0650. Women in Chemistry Oral History Project, 2001-2002
- In Progress
- May 29, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note