Skip to main content

American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MS-0557

Scope and Content

Collection includes the constitution, lists of members, newsletters, annual reports and correspondence for the group in its various incarnations as the American Board of Veterinary Public Health (ABVPH), American College of Regulatory Veterinary Medicine, American College of Regulatory Medicine, and American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, as well as information regarding each name change.



Also among the records are minutes from the Advisory Board on Veterinary Specialties.

Dates

  • 1949-1980

Creator

Language of Materials

English

Access Restrictions

Open for research.

Use/Re-use Restrictions

Consult Special Collections and University Archives

Biography/Profile

The American Board of Veterinary Public Health was established and incorporated in the District of Columbia in 1950 and was granted full accreditation in 1951 by the American Veterinary Medical Association. In 1978, the American Board of Veterinary Public Health was combined with the then provisional College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine to form the newly designated American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine (ACVPM) and was simultaneously granted full accreditation by the American Veterinary Medical Association.

Extent

1.3 Linear Feet (1 records center carton)

Processing Information

Released on 2018-11-01.

Title
MS-0557. American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine records, 1949-1980
Date
January 11, 2019
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
English

Repository Details

Part of the Special Collections and University Archives Repository

Contact:
403 Parks Library
701 Morrill Road
Iowa State University
Ames Iowa 50011-2102 United States
(515) 294-6672