Howard Healy Steam Traction Engines collection
Scope and Content
This collection (1889-1988) contains steam traction engine catalogs, publications, booklets, pamphlets, and newspaper clippings, magazines, postcards, and photographs. The majority of the collection consists of machinery catalogs created by manufacturers such as A. D. Baker, J. I. Case, Reeves, Rumely and Gaar-Scott. The collection also contains a number of newsletters and booklets produced by clubs and associations such as the Midwest Old Settlers and Threshers, the National Threshers Association, the American Society of Agricultural Engineers, and the Wisconsin Steam Antique Engine Club. Owners' manuals and user manuals are not included in the collection.
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives.
Howard A. Healy, a steam engine enthusiast and resident of Muscatine, Iowa, assembled this collection of steam traction engine material.
2.6 Linear Feet (2 records center cartons)
The collection is organized Alphabetically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Booklets Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Catalogs (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Ephemera Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Magazines (periodicals) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Photographs Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Postcards Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Traction-engines Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- MS-0442. Howard Healy Steam Traction Engines collection, 1889-1988
- January 24, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections and University Archives Repository
403 Parks Library
701 Morrill Road
Iowa State University
Ames Iowa 50011-2102 United States