American Oil Chemists' Society Agricultural Microscopy Division records
Scope and Content
The collection contains programs, photographs, and audio tapes of annual AAFM meetings. A sample of journal articles, AAFM manuals, and correspondence are also contained within this collection. The papers include reports relating to workshops held for feed microscopists both in the United States and internationally. In addition, the records include minutes and programs from annual AAFM meetings, and the "Official Proceedings," which further detail these meetings.
- 1921-2008, undated
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
The American Oil Chemists' Society (AOCS), Agricultural Microscopy Division was founded in 1953 as the American Association of Feed Microscopists (AAFM). In 1997, the AAFM joined the American Oil Chemists' Society as the Feed Microscopy Division. The Division was renamed the Agricultural Microscopy Division in 2007. The Division is an organization for those who use microscopy to identify and evaluate ingredients and products from agriculture. Members of this group use visual imaging to determine the quality and content of ingredients and end results of feed and food products.
The Agricultural Microscopy Division provides short courses at various times and locations throughout the year to help improve technique and knowledge of its members. The Division also hosts symposia and a member dinner during the AOCS Annual Meetings. They publish a newsletter three times a year.
7.37 Linear Feet (4 records center cartons, 1 document box, 1 oversized box)
The collection is organized into five series:
Series 1: Meeting Materials, 1953-1999, undated
Series 2: Photographs, 1950-1997, undated
Series 3: Publications, 1921-1999, undated
Series 4: Administrative Records, 1944-2008, undated
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Audiotapes Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Feeds--Research Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Feeds--Testing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Microscopy--Education (Continuing education) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Microscopy--Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- MS-0423. American Oil Chemists' Society Agricultural Microscopy Division records, 1921-2008, undated
- December 12, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note