American Geological Institute. Women Geoscientists Committee records
Scope and Content
The collection (1977-1987) contains correspondence, rosters of women in the geosciences, programs, career materials (career information packet; planning presentation and slides), and statistics of women in the geosciences.
- American Geological Institute. Women Geoscientists Committee (Organization)
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
The Women Geoscientists Committee was formed in 1973 by the American Geological Institute to encourage women to enter geoscience fields and to increase professional recognition and participation of women in the geosciences. The Committee was made up of nine women who represented industry, government agencies, and academia. Each member served three years and then could continue in an advisory capacity. The Committee sponsored symposia and open houses at a variety of professional geological society meetings so that women professionals and students could meet and converse. The Committee also published a newsletter, compiled a roster of women in the geoscience professions, maintained a list of women geoscientist lecturers, and provided announcements concerning job opportunities and career related workshops. The Committee was terminated at the end of 1983.
0.42 Linear Feet (1 document box)
The collection is organized Chronologically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- American Geological Institute. Women Geoscientists Committee
- Women geologists--United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women scientists--Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- MS-0370. American Geological Institute. Women Geoscientists Committee records, 1977-1987
- December 12, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections and University Archives Repository
403 Parks Library
701 Morrill Road
Iowa State University
Ames Iowa 50011-2102 United States