Elizur Andrews business ledgers
Scope and Content
The collection (1864-1878) contains two ledgers. The first volume (1867-1878) contains detailed accounts of his farm organization, inventory, plantings, crop harvesting, and sales. The second volume (1864) (entitled Index Rerum of Agriculture by Elizur Andrews, Southington, Connecticut, March 5, 1864) contains agricultural recipes and citations from agricultural works.
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Elizur Andrews of Southington, Hartford County, Connecticut was a farmer who raised a wide variety of farm produce and kept detailed records of his farm operation.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 half-document box)
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Account books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Agriculture--Connecticut Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Agriculture--Connecticut--Costs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Family farms--Connecticut--Management Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Farmers--Connecticut--Southington Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- MS-0332. Elizur Andrews business ledgers, 1864-1878
- December 12, 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note