Argonne National Laboratory presentations
Scope and Content
This collection (1990-1992) contains two printed copies of presentations from the "Science Careers in Search of Women" conference, sponsored by Argonne Laboratories. Also included are question and answer sessions with the audience that offer insight into science and engineering students.
- Argonne National Laboratory (Organization)
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives. Copyright is held by the U.S. Dept. of Energy.
Argonne National Laboratory is located at Argonne, Illinois, and is operated by the U.S. Department of Energy. The Laboratory was founded in 1946 and is one of the nation’s leading energy research centers. It develops and assesses nuclear and alternative energy technologies and conducts a wide range of fundamental and applied research in the physical, environmental, and biomedical sciences. Research disciplines range from biology, physics, chemistry, materials science, mathematics, and computer science to advanced energy and environmental science and technology. The Laboratory is operated by the University of Chicago under contract to the United States Department of Energy and currently employs over 5000 people.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 half document box)
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Science--Women--Employment Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women in science--Congresses Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women--Employment Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- MS-0328. Argonne National Laboratory presentations, 1990-1992
- June 15, 2020
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections and University Archives Repository
403 Parks Library
701 Morrill Road
Iowa State University
Ames Iowa 50011-2102 United States