Iowa State University. Safety Council records
Scope and Contents
This collection (1946-1990, undated) contains records of Iowa State University's Safety Council. The records include meeting minutes, memos, reports, and safety inspections.
- 1946-1990, undated
Conditions Governing Access
Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Contact Special Collections and University Archives.
Biographical / Historical
Iowa State University's Safety Council was the coordinating agency for all safety activities of the university. They reviewed safety programs developed by various university departments, made recommendations on safety procedures and polcies, conducted safety inspections, and worked with state and national safety organizations to further their safety goals.
The Council membership was made up of representatives appointed by the Council President each year. The representives were from each college of the university, as well as other departments and offices such as the Office of Student Affairs, the Library, Student Housing Office, and the Memorial Union. In addition, one representative was chosen from the student body.
0.84 Linear Feet (2 document boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is organized alphabetically.
- Annual reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Iowa State University--Employees Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memorandums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Public safety--Iowa--Ames Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 8/5/11 Iowa State University. Safety Council Records, 1946-1990, undated
- Leo Thompson, student assistant
- June 1, 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note