Skip to main content

Iowa State University. Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology records

 Record Group — Multiple Containers
Identifier: RS 14/8

Scope and Content

This collection consists of materials related to the Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology. Records include news clippings, subject files, biographical files, and faculty papers.

Dates

  • undated

Language of Materials

English

Access Restrictions

Open for research.

Use/Re-use Restrictions

Consult Special Collections and University Archives

Biography/Profile

The first pharmaceutical course was taught in 1891. The Department was established in 1912. In 1975, it merged with the Department of Veterinary Anatomy to form the Department of Veterinary Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology, a merger which lasted until 1979.



The Department merged with Veterinary Anatomy in 1997 to form the new Department of Biomedical Sciences.



Heads:



Henry D. Bergman (1912-1952)

Earl A. Hewitt (1952-1957)

Melvin J. Swenson (1957-1973)

Neal R. Cholvin (1973-1979)

Franklin A. Ahrens (1979-1980) Acting

Donald C. Dyer (1980-1981)

Franklin A. Ahrens (1981-1990)

Richard L. Engen (1990-1997)

Extent

1 collection

Items in related collections

RS 14/8/52. Henry Hugh Dukes papers, 1915-1978, undated

Processing Information

Released on 2019-04-22.

Title
RS 14/8. Iowa State University. Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology records
Date
April 22, 2019
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
English

Repository Details

Part of the Special Collections and University Archives Repository

Contact:
403 Parks Library
701 Morrill Road
Iowa State University
Ames Iowa 50011-2102 United States
(515) 294-6672