Mary L. Meixner papers
Scope and Content
The collection (1950-1993) contains biographical information, course materials, publications and projects completed by Mary L. Meixner. The biographical information consists of newspaper clippings regarding her works, awards and shows; curriculum vitae; photographs; and information about her distinguished professorship, awarded in 1975.
The collection also includes papers authored by Meixner, much of which deals with color, movement, art history, and environmental arts.
Documents relating to Meixner's courses include rosters, handouts, class lists, surveys of students and special projects. She taught courses on painting, color, and design.
Meixner's special projects included a number of films, funding for which was obtained through the university. They covered aspects of color and movement through dance and were innovative in their use of colored films. Meixner cultivated a relationship with the Mearl Corporation, a company that created the films that Meixner used.
- 1950-1993, undated
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
1.87 Linear Feet (4 document boxes)
This collection is organized Alphabetically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Arts and Culture - Design Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Color--Study and teaching Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Course materials Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Films Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Iowa State University. Department of Art and Design--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- RS 26/2/54. Mary L. Meixner papers, 1950-1993, undated
- March 27, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note