Iowa State University Alpha Omicron Pi Fraternity. Iota Sigma Chapter records
Scope and Content
This collection (1967-2009) includes newspaper clippings, brochures, and composite photographs of members of Alpha Omicron Pi. The newspaper clippings document the establishment of the chapter at Iowa State and also many of the philanthropic efforts of the fraternity, including its annual "Run for the Roses" which benefits arthritis research.
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
The national women’s fraternity Alpha Omicron Pi was established in 1897 at Barnard College of Columbia University in New York City. The Iota Sigma Chapter at Iowa State University was founded in 1968. The chapter house was built in 1969 and is located at 2007 Greeley Street in Ames.
15.21 Linear Feet (1 half-document box and 5 map case drawers)
The collection is organized Chronologically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Brochures Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- College students--Social networks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dwellings--Energy conservation Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greek letter societies--Iowa Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Housing--United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 22/11/3/4. Iowa State University Alpha Omicron Pi Fraternity. Iota Sigma Chapter records, 1967-2009
- March 12, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note