Iowa State University Chapter American Commons Club records
Scope and Content
The collection (1921-1982, undated) contains membership lists, newsletters, correspondence, news clippings, and brochures. The records also include several drafts and the notes to the brief history of the club, The Commoners of Iowa State, written in 1979 by Kent Pellet (Iowa State College, 1928), Ed Voss (Denison University, 1950), and Ralph Luebbers (Iowa State College, 1927).
- 1921-1982, undated
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
The American Commons Club was chartered at Iowa State College (University) in 1927 as an alternative to the fraternities on campus. The chapter house was located at 214 Hyland Avenue (Ames, Iowa). The Iowa State Chapter closed in 1936, due to difficulties caused by the Depression.
0.84 Linear Feet (2 document boxes)
The collection is organized Chronologically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- RS 22/11/2/46. Iowa State University Chapter American Commons Club records, 1921-1982, undated
- March 12, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note