Towers Residence Association papers
Scope and Content
The collection contains documents from the TRA Executive Council, the Senate, leadership conferences, and newspaper clippings. The collection includes meeting minutes, fliers and promotions used for events, photographs, bills, and Constitutions and By-laws.
- 1967-2005, undated
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
The Towers were built between the years of 1965 and 1969, each containing ten floors, or houses. To give the students of these houses voices in issues pertaining to them, a student-run legislative body was organized.
Towers Residence Association is the student governmental organization representing the residents of Wallace-Wilson and Knapp-Storms halls at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa.
The TRA Senate was composed of a senator from each floor. The members of the TRA Executive Council were elected and appointed officials acting on behalf of the residents of TRA. Members of the Senate from TRA are sent to represent the house at IRHA (Inter-Residence Hall Association) which governs all residence halls.
3.78 Linear Feet (9 document boxes and one map case folder)
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Constitutions Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Dormitories--Iowa Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fliers (printed matter) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Photographs Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Student government--Iowa--Ames Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 22/9/3. Towers Residence Association papers, 1967-2005, undated
- April 2, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note