Iowa State University. Inter-Residence Hall Association
Scope and Content
The collection (1967-2008) contains meeting minutes, agendas, bills, constitutions, newspaper clippings, and photographs of IRHA events. Also included in the records are reports, policies, and information regarding the Towers Residence Association (TRA), the Richardson Court Association (RCA), and the Union Drive Association (UDA).
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Inter-Residence Hall Association (IRHA) officially began in 1982. Prior to that time, the governance of residence hall students by the Iowa State Association of Residence Halls (1968-1982); Men's Residence Association and Women's Residnece Association (-1968)represents the residence hall students to the Department of Residence, the Division of Student Affairs, and Iowa State University. They provide many special programs and events for students such as Residence Hall Week, academic opportunities, regional and national leadership conferences, and KURE — the student run radio station.
Prior to 2005, IRHA represented the governments from the three residence hall associations: The Towers Residence Association (TRA), the Richardson Court Association (RCA), and the Union Drive Association (UDA). The residence halls were organized geographically into these three autonomous student associations. The students in each of these associations elected a group of executive officers who are responsible for coordinating association events and activities. Each association funded and maintained a social program, an intramural program, and numerous committees that supplement the total social educational development of the individual residents. In 2005, the three associations were disbanded and IRHA became the governing body.
4.2 Linear Feet (10 document boxes)
The collection is organized Chronologically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Agendas (administrative records) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Bills (legislative records) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Constitutions Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Dormitories--Iowa Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Photographs Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Student government--Iowa--Ames Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 22/9/1. Iowa State University. Inter-Residence Hall Association, 1967-2008
- April 2, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note