American Society of Civil Engineers. Iowa State University Student Chapter records
Scope and Content
This collection (1909-1965) contains annual reports, meeting minutes, and information related to civil engineering open house activities during Iowa State's annual spring celebration VEISHEA.
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
The student chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers at Iowa State University was formed in 1909. The organization provides learning, leadership, and networking opportunities for civil engineering students at Iowa State by hosting and sponsoring speaker presentations, outreach events, and social activities. ASCE student members are also able to participate in two competitive team activities: the steel bridge team and the concrete canoe team. Initially membership was offered to both faculty and students, but has since evolved into a solely student run organization that works closely with faculty in the Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering.
1.47 Linear Feet (3 document boxes and 1 half-document box)
This collection is organized Chronologically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Annual reports Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Engineering students--Iowa--Ames Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Engineering students--Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- RS 22/5/0/34. American Society of Civil Engineers. Iowa State University Student Chapter records, 1909-1965
- April 12, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note