Kappa Omicron Nu. Omicron Gamma Chapter Iowa State University
Scope and Content
This collection (1913-1982) contains meeting minutes, initiation, reports, financial reports and receipts, reports from the national conclave, membership information, the biennial Omicron Nu Magazine, and membership cards. The records also contain materials related to the the 19th Annual National Conclave was held at Iowa State University in 1953, including photographs, brochures, financial reports, and minutes from the meeting. Photographs and additional materials from other conclaves are in the collection as well. The majority of the records pertain the Gamma Chapter of Omicron Nu prior to the society's merger with Kappa Omicron Phi.
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Kappa Omicron Nu is a national honor society that recognizes and encourages excellence in scholarship, research, and leadership in study of human sciences. In 1990, Kappa Omicron Nu was established by the consolidation of Kappa Omicron Phi and Omicron Nu. Omicron Nu was founded in 1912; the Gamma Chapter of Omicron Nu at Iowa State University was established in 1913. The Chapter is now known as the Omicron Gamma Chapter.
Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate students. Undergraduates must have completed 45 semester hours, have a minimum grade point average of 3.0, and be in the top 25 percent of his/her class. Graduate students must have completed 12 semester hours of graduate work and have a minimum GPA of 3.5.
The meeting of the Assembly of Delegates (the governing body of Kappa Omicron Nu), is known as the Conclave and is held biennially. The 2nd (1916) and 19th (1953) Conclaves were held at Iowa State.
3.99 Linear Feet (6 document boxes, 1 half-document box, 3 small boxes)
This collection is organized Chronologically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- College students--Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Greek letter societies--Iowa--Ames Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Newsletters Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Social sciences Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 22/5/0/22. Kappa Omicron Nu. Omicron Gamma Chapter Iowa State University, 1913-1982
- April 12, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note