Iowa State University. American Society of Agricultural Engineers Student Branch Wives Club records
Scope and Content
The collection (1948-1966, undated) contains the constitution and bylaws, meeting minutes, correspondence and reports of the Student Wives Club of the Iowa State Branch of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers. The records demonstrate the activities of a network of women assisting in their husbands' endeavors to pursue an education. These activities fostered a sense of camaraderie not only among the women but also their husbands.
- 1948-1966, undated
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
The American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE) Student Branch Wives Club of Iowa State College (University) was formed in 1948. The purpose of the group was to promote social interaction between the wives of the members of Iowa State's ASAE student chapter and to aid their husbands in chapter activities. In 1953, the Student Wives Club ceased being a formal club. During 1954 and 1955, the club met in a purely social capacity and kept no records. The club re-organized as a formal group in January 1956. Due to the decline of married students in Agricultural Engineering, the Student Wives Club of the Iowa State Branch of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers officially closed in April 1966.
0.42 Linear Feet (1 document box)
The collection is organized Chronologically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- American Society of Agricultural Engineers--Iowa State University Student Branch--Wives Club Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Records (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Women--Social networks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women--Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 22/5/0/14. Iowa State University. American Society of Agricultural Engineers Student Branch Wives Club records, 1948-1966, undated
- March 1, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note