Tau Beta Pi. Iowa Alpha Chapter (Iowa State University) records
Scope and Content
This collection (1924-2014, undated) contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, annual reports, surveys, initiation activities, minutes of meetings, election reports, information on the Bent, and roll books.
- 1924-2014, undated
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Founded in 1885, Tau Beta Pi honors engineering undergraduates who have distinguished themselves through scholarship and good character. Iowa Alpha, one of the five chapters in District 11, was established on December 20, 1907 at Iowa State College (University). The chapter’s first purpose is to "mark in a fitting manner" engineering scholars. Chapters are also responsible for encouraging a spirit of liberal culture in their college. Chapter projects are designed to serve the chapter, college, or the community.
2.10 Linear Feet (5 document boxes)
The collection is organized Chronologically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- College students--Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Engineering Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greek letter societies--Iowa--Ames Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes (administrative records) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Tau Beta Pi
- RS 22/5/0/6. Tau Beta Pi. Iowa Alpha Chapter (Iowa State University) records, 1924-2014, undated
- April 12, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note