Joseph Ericson Campbell and Eva M. scrapbooks
Scope and Content
This collection (1913-1957, undated) is comprised of four scrapbooks from Joseph E. and Eva M. Campbell. The smallest scrapbook contains primarily news clippings, but also a few photographs and letters. This scrapbook also includes information regarding the death of their daughter, Helen Hadley of Massachusetts, who was a teacher at the Boston Guild for the Hard of Hearing and was herself deaf. The scrapbook also contains numerous news clippings of friends, acquaintances, and Iowa State faculty.
The second scrapbook also primarily contains news clippings, but also memorabilia of Iowa State College (University) including Alumni Association correspondence and alumni reunion name tags. The news clippings document activities of family members and friends and also include obituaries. The scrapbook also contains a letter from Charles F. Curtiss, Dean of the College of Agriculture at Iowa State.
The third scrapbook contains cards and letters of congratulations on the event of the Campbells' golden wedding anniversary in 1936. The final scrapbook contains unidentified photographs, possibly taken at their home in Melbourne, Florida.
- 1913-1957, undated
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Joseph Ericson Campbell was born to Robert and Charlotte Campbell on November 4, 1861, in Eden Township, Clinton County, Iowa. He attended Iowa State College (University) and was an expected graduate of the class of 1886. Eva M. Hall was born on September 26, 1863, also in Eden Township, Clinton County, Iowa. They were wed on April 15, 1886. Together they had four children: Carlyle, Robert, Maude, and Helen Elizabeth.
The Campbells were longtime residents of rural Ames and eventually retired to Florida. In Florida, Mrs. Campbell became an active member of the Melbourne (Florida) Chapter Order of Eastern Star.
1.41 Linear Feet (1 oversized box)
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Greeting cards Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Iowa State College--Alumni and alumnae Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Obituaries Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Scrapbooks--Florida--20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks--Iowa--20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 21/7/105. Joseph Ericson Campbell and Eva M. scrapbooks, 1913-1957, undated
- January 15, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note