Walter R. Hagen papers
Scope and Content
This collection documents Hagen’s achievements in conservation and public speaking on conservation. Materials include photocopies of newspaper clippings, soil conservation literature, conservation planning materials, and a selection of Hagen's correspondence and speeches.
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Walter R. Hagen was born on February 8, 1915. He was educated at Waterville Consolidated School and attended Iowa State College (University). He was a longtime conservation leader and installed terraces on his farm as early as 1936. He served two terms in the Iowa Statehouse (1961-1965) and was elected chairman (1977) of the State Soil Conservation Committee.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 half-document box)
The collection is organized Alphabetically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Ephemera Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Iowa State University--Students--20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legislators--Iowa Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public speaking--Conservation Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soil conservation--Iowa Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soil conservation--United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Speeches (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- RS 21/7/47. Walter R. Hagen papers, 1942-1978
- January 15, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note