Iowa State University. Osborn Research Club records
Scope and Content
The collection (1910-2013) consists of annual reports, activities and membership records, club meeting announcements, sign-in sheets, minutes and notes, club histories, correspondence, and club policies. Also included in the collection is a pictorial history consisting of a scrapbook and a slideshow script that were produced in 1980.
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
The Osborn Research Club, first organized as the Natural Science Research Club on February 16, 1920. It was renamed the Osborn Research Club on January 7, 1921. The club was created to allow faculty actively engaged in research to meet and hear reports on research work being done on campus.
The club is named for Dr. Herbert Osborn whom received a B.S. (1879), an M.S. (1880), and an honorary Doctorate of Science (1916) from Iowa State College (University). Dr. Osborn taught at Iowa State (1879-1898), during this time he organized the school’s first science club. He accepted the position of Chair of the Department of Zoology and Entomology (1898-1916) at Ohio State University; he later accepted a research professorship (1916-1933).
1.05 Linear Feet (2 document boxes and 1 half-document box)
The collection is organized Alphabetically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- RS 20/2/1. Iowa State University. Osborn Research Club records, 1910-2013
- March 12, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note