American Association of University Professors, Iowa State University Chapter records
Scope and Content
The collection (1914-1991) contains correspondence, chapter constitution, membership listings, newsletters, programs, and news clippings.
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
The Iowa State University Chapter of the American Association of University Professors was formed in 1916. The Chapter’s constitution states that the purpose of the organization includes advancement of standard and ideals of teaching and research in this institution. The AAUP in general is primarily dedicated to protecting the academic freedom of professors, and has local chapters similar to ISU’s at about 800 campuses. The organization has participated in honors banquets and bargaining for fair salaries for professors as well as other benefits.
4.62 Linear Feet (11 document boxes)
This collection is organized in chronological order
Released on 2019-04-02.
- American Association of University Professors
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- College teachers--Iowa--Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Membership lists Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Newsletters Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Programs (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- RS 20/1/3. American Association of University Professors, Iowa State University Chapter records, 1914-1991
- April 2, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note