Nora Workman papers
Scope and Content
The collection contains manuscripts, manuals, and clippings documenting the life and work of Nora Workman. The body of this collection is the material related to 4-H Judging and her publications related to home furnishings. Another relative strength is the collection of pamphlets and booklets related to cooking and food preparation. The collection also includes Democratic Party Convention Programs for the years, 1920 and 1940, as well as an Usher medal for the 1920 Convention. In her personal papers are scattered correspondence and a sampling of clippings from periodicals.
- 1930-1958, undated
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Nora Workman attended Iowa State College and received her degree in 1916. She served as an Extension Associate Professor of Home Furnishings, 1928; Extension Associate Professor of Home Economics, 1930; and Extension Associate Professor of Applied Art, 1938-1948.
2.2 Linear Feet (5 boxes document boxes)
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Handbooks Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Iowa State College--Alumni and alumnae Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Iowa State University. Cooperative Extension Service
- Iowa State University. Cooperative Extension Service--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- RS 16/3/59. Nora Workman papers, 1930-1958, undated
- April 9, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note