Marie Thelma Mann 4-H record book
Scope and Content
The collection (1923-1934) contains the 4-H record book of Marie Mann of the Adel Live Wire 4-H Girls’ Club, Dallas County, Iowa. The book contains club programs, letters of recommendation, record books for 4-H projects, a list of activities, her 4-H story, photographs, newspaper clippings, ribbons, and her health examination.
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Marie Thelma Mann was born in 1913 to Mr. and Mrs. Den Mann of Adel, Iowa. Marie was a charter member of the Live Wire 4-H Girls’ Club, which was organized in Dallas County, Iowa, on May 5, 1923. Her mother was the local leader of the club for the first several years and Marie remained active in 4-H for the next 10 years. The types of club work Marie completed included canning, nutrition, clothing, and home furnishing projects. Some of her many accomplishments in 4-H include exhibiting at the Iowa State Fair, attending several state conventions held at Iowa State College (University), serving as president of her local club in 1930, and being elected president of Dallas County 4-H in 1931.
1.0 Linear Feet (1 oversize box)
Released on 2018-11-01.
- 4-H Youth Development Program (U.S.)
- 4-H clubs--Iowa--Dallas County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Agricultural education--Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Awards Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Correspondence Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Girls--Iowa--Adel--Societies, etc Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Programs (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Records (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- RS 16/3/4/52. Marie Thelma Mann 4-H record book, 1923-1934
- January 23, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note