Paul C. Bennett papers
Scope and Content
The collection consists of biographical information about Dr. Bennett, including faculty personnel information sheets and an obituary.
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Paul C. Bennett was born October 5, 1898 in Pruntytown, West Virginia. He received a B.S. (1923) and a M.S. (1925) from West Virginia University and a D.V.M. from Ohio State University (1931).
Prior to coming to Iowa State College (University), Bennett worked for the Ohio Department of Agriculture’s Division of Livestock Industry (1931-1937), Wisconsin Department of Agriculture’s Livestock Sanitary Division (1937-1942, 1946), and the United States Army Veterinary Corps (1942-1945). He came to Iowa State in 1947 as Professor of Veterinary Pathology. Bennett was also the Supervisor for the Iowa Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (1948-1964). Dr. Bennett retired in 1969.
For his service to Iowa State, Bennett received a Faculty Citation (1964). He belonged to several professional orgainizations, such as American Veterinary Medical Association, Iowa Medical Veterinary Association, United States Livestock Sanitary Association, and Conference of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians.
Dr. Bennett’s research interests included Brucellosis, Leptospirosis, Hog Cholera, and Anaplasmosis. He published numerous articles on a variety of animal diseases and wrote the “Edema Disease” chapter for the first (1958) and second (1964) editions of Diseases of Swine.
Paul C. Bennett passed away March 20,1979.
0.1 Linear Feet (1 folder)
The collection is organized Chronologically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Biography files Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Iowa State University. Department of Veterinary Diagnostic Production Animal Medicine--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Science and Mathematics - Veterinary medicine Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Veterinary pathology--Study and teaching--Iowa Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 14/2/12. Paul C. Bennett papers, 1948-1979
- April 9, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note