David M. Gradwohl papers
Scope and Content
This collection documents the service of Gradwohl on the Ames Historic Preservation Commission, the Historic Preservation Unit of the State Historical Society of Iowa, and the State (Iowa) National Historic Register Commission. The papers consist of site inventories arranged by county in Iowa from the Iowa Site Inventory Division, Ames Historic Preservation Commission files, manuals and guidelines on historic preservation. The collection also contains correspondence and news clippings.
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
David Gradwohl He received his B.A. (1955) from the University of Nebraska, completed graduate work (1955-1956) at the University of Edinburgh, and received a Ph.D. (1957) from Harvard University.
Dr. Gradwohl began at Iowa State University in 1962 teaching in the Anthropology department.
He is a member of Phi Beta Kappa and Sigma Xi. He was a Fulbright Fellow (1955-1956), a Hemenway Fellow (1961-1962), and a National Science Foundation Fellow (1961-1962).
9.1 Linear Feet (7 records center cartons)
This collection is organized in the order in which it was received.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Cultural property--Iowa Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Historic buildings--Iowa--Ames Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Historic sites--Iowa Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Iowa State University. Department of Sociology and Anthropology
- Iowa--Antiquities Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Landscape assessment--Iowa Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Register of Historic Places--Handbooks, manuals, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 13/32/51. David M. Gradwohl papers, 1965-2014
- January 23, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note