Erling Jensen papers
Scope and Content
The collection (1933-1980, undated) contains course materials, research information, and correspondence related to the work of Dr. Erling Jensen. The collection houses several papers and articles on radioactive isotopes Dr. Jensen wrote or helped to co-author. In addition, there are many notes from specific classes he taught, mostly in the realm of introductory physics. Much of the notes and research aside from class work are in Nuclear Physics, especially with radioactive isotopes and spectrometers.
- 1933-1980, undated
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Dr. Erling Jensen graduated from Drake University in 1932. He was a Physics professor at Iowa State University for over twenty years, and the senior Physicist in the Ames Laboratory of the Atomic Energy Commission. He also spent nearly ten years (1961-1969) as President of Muhlenberg College in Pennsylvania.
4.74 Linear Feet (3 cardboard document boxes, 2 grey document boxes)
This collection is organized into twelve series.
Series 1. Rule and Procedure Booklets, 1948-1958 (alphabetical)
Series 2. Institutes and Foundations, 1949-1959 (alphabetical)
Series 3. Iowa State University Educational Involvement, 1952-1980, undated (alphabetical)
Series 4. Lecture Notes, undated (alphabetical)
Series 5. Papers and Articles, 1944-1965, undated (alphabetical)
Series 6. Conferences, 1952
Series 7. General Notes, 1946-1966, undated (alphabetical)
Series 8. Notes on Specific Isotopes, 1947-1963, undated (alphabetical)
Series 9. Spectrograph Notes and Correspondence, 1944-1963, undated (alphabetical)
Series 10. Progress and Colleagues’ Works, 1946-1961
Series 11. Course Notes, 1943-1948, undated (alphabetical)
Series 12. Courses Taught, 1933-1973, undated (alphabetical)
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Articles Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Correspondence Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Iowa State University. Department of Physics--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nuclear physics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Radioisotopes Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Research (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Science and Mathematics - Physics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges--Curricula Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 13/20/54. Erling Jensen papers, 1933-1980, undated
- April 10, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note