Wolodymyr R. Madych papers
Scope and Content
This collection (1944-1984, undated) includes the biographical information and publications of Wolodymyr Madych.
- 1944-1984, undated
Language of Materials
Open for research.
Consult Special Collections and University Archives
Wolodymyr R. Madych was born November 29, 1944 in Austria. He received his B.S. (1966) in Mathematics from the University of Michigan and a Ph.D. (1972) from the University of Minnesota.
Madych taught Mathematics at Texas A & M University and came to Iowa State University as an Assistant Professor (1976). He was promoted to Associate Professor in 1978 and Professor in 1983. He resigned this position in 1986. Currently he is working at the University of Connecticut as a Professor in the Mathematics Department.
Madych’s main area of research is in Applied Mathematics, including certain aspects of signal processing, especially computed tomography, Classical Fourier Analysis and Approximation Theory.
Madych is a member of the American Mathematical Society and the Mathematical Association of America.
He is married to Rosemary and has two children.
0.21 Linear Feet (1 half-document box)
This collection is organized Alphabetically.
Released on 2018-11-01.
- Iowa State University. Department of Mathematics
- Iowa State University. Department of Mathematics--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications (documents) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Science and Mathematics - Mathematics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- RS 13/14/61. Wolodymyr R. Madych papers, 1944-1984, undated
- April 10, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note